If you’re a home entertainer, or the family chef, you’ve probably been in a situation when an unexpected visitor
comes in town, or you run into some old friends you’d like to invite over for a last minute dinner. In my case, Halley invited herself over to eat something made by yours-truly. I compromised. She and Nola came over for dinner, but instead of making it all myself, I laid out all of the ingredients and personal-pan sized whole wheat crusts, to each make our own pizza creation. Plus, I’ve been wanting to have a Make-Your-Own-Pizza Party, so this was just a practice round.
If you need an easy entertaining dinner party idea, try it yourself!
- Mama Mary’s Whole Wheat ready made Pizza Crust (you can find this at HEB in the pasta aisle near the sauces)
- Fresh spinach (I sauteed this before my company came)
- Mushrooms (I sauteed these with garlic before my company came)
- Colored peppers (thinly slice and place in a bowl)
- 1 can artichoke hearts-quartered
- Oregano or Italian Seasoning
- Red Pepper
- Italian Blend, Parmesan, Romano (adds a sharp taste), or Mozzerella shredded cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce or pizza sauce usually comes with the crust
- 1 pan
- Brush the crust with olive oil
- Place toppings on the pizza however you like
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes for browning.
- Serve and enjoy!