If you’ve been a blog follower of mine or you’ve crossed paths with me recently, you’ve probably heard about the Austin Breakfast Club, a monthly morning dining and socializing occasion held at various locations around the city. Recently, everywhere I turn, I’m hearing about social dining occasions with similar premises (groups of people coming together to share good food and good company), only these are held at dinner time: Supper Clubs. So I investigated this phenomenon to find out what they are all about.
My findings report that a Supper Club is essentially a group meal or feast, with several courses offered, and usually includes an entertainment component held in various locations. Food + People + Entertainment, what a simple concept! Yes, food is the sustenance that allows people to thrive. But, it is a beautiful thing when people’s life paths cross to share in the act of eating and obtaining nourishment while appreciating and revelling in a quality meal experience.
If you like food and are interested in a cooking-class type event minus the class, consider becoming a Supper Clubber. Here are the highlights of three hosts that are out and about holding events around Austin, providing fresh, often local, and delicious meals.
- 4-10 courses offered on Supper Club menu
- Only locally-produced, sustainable-grown, seasonal ingredients are used
- Complimentary aperitif (appetizer or light snack) offered prior to the meal
- Live music included
- Coffee and tea included
- Guests can bring their own beverages
- Cost begins at $45 + tax
- $50 deposit required per guest, refunds offered up to 4 days prior to event, reserve in advance
Recent Events: July 2nd- Summer Vegetable Dinner. For more info on past events, visit their blog here.
- 5 courses offered with wine and drink pairings on Supper Club menu
- Full service catering company
- Use only fresh, seasonal ingredients from local organic farms across the state
- Live music included
- Supper Clubs held only twice each season
- Supper Clubs are intimate- seating limited to 10-30 guests
- Held at venues in the greater Austin area
- Approximate cost is $70
- Reserve seats in advance, nonrefundable if cancelled within 3 days of event
Upcoming Events: “Vintage Elegance” at The Allan House (one of the most beautiful, classic historical venues in Austin located downtown), Tuesday, August 4th at 7 PM. Menu includes Grilled Figs with Pancetta and Goat Cheese, Crab and Blueberry Salad with Fried Egg, Seared Pork Belly with Mushrooms, Halibut with Bean Puree and Beets, Peach Melba Gallette with Creme Fraiche Ice Cream. RSVP by visiting this site and clicking on the PayPal button.
- 4-8 courses offered on Supper Club menu
- Supper Club host and full-service catering company
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own beverages
- Cost begins at $55 per person
- Private Supper Club events can be catered
- Past locations include Gardens on 35th, 913 Bed and Breakfast, IF +D design gallery
- Reserve seat in advance
Recent Events: Saturday, July 25th- Supper Club at Mexic-Arte Museum, $65 per person, BYOB, complimentary cocktail hour by Republic Tequila