This is your trusty blog for all ideas about entertaining, TheRebeccammendations. I am excited to announce that I turned one year old on March 17th, 2010, and boy have I had a lot to say in my first whole year in existence! Like most people, I think blogs should celebrate their birthdays on the anniversary of the date in which they were born. However, there was this festival, maybe you’ve heard of it… South by Southwest? that was happenin’, and I mean happenin’ during my special day and for the three weeks surrounding it. So, I postponed a celebration one month to April 17th, 2010.
An event has been in the works to celebrate this milestone and to toast to local entertaining: One. One Night of Entertaining. After all, local businesses, organizations, event coordinators, bloggers, PR representatives, and loyal readers have all helped me get to where I am today! So, I figured, why not bring them all together for an evening of fun, music, and local love to celebrate what entertaining in Austin is all about!
Here’s the deal. To attend, you must reserve free tickets online. We will be checking the guest list at the door since there is a capacity limit.
A few fun details about the event:
- Half-price appetizers and drinks at The Belmont from 5-7 PM (the event runs until 8 PM)
- Music throughout the evening by the local and talented artists Jordan Whitmore, Courrier, and Matt McCloskey
- Raffle ticket proceeds will benefit local non-profit Music for the City (music for the evening also provided in conjunction with Music for the City)
- Get to know local business owners and celebrate entertaining in Austin!
- Event sponsors include:
- Raffle prizes and goodies provided by:
- Antonelli’s Cheese Shop
- Art Alliance Austin
- Austin Post
- Coco Paloma Desserts
- Dress Shop
- Ecstatic Cuisine
- Holy Cacao
- Hosteria Verde Supper Club & Catering
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen
- La Boite
- Limbo Jewelry Design
- Milk + Honey Salon & Spa
- Mary Louise Butters Brownies
- Max’s Wine Dive
- Paramount Theatre
- Snack Bar
- Retro Bizzaro Pastries
Also, a special thank you to:
I am so excited that I have received so much support from the Austin community and hope that I can grow as much as I did in year one in the upcoming year.