Friends, family, readers, colleagues, foodies, I am EXCITED! Ever since last year’s social technology week we know as SXSW Interactive, and where I admit I became a “geek in a week”, I’ve been anxious for the next one. Yes, I realize it’s about 8 months away, but I can’t wait to see creative displays (#5 in SXSW link above), the results of big brand marketing budgets, and learn about the latest in tech from the incredible panels.
This year, after launching LocalizeAustin, I’ve been noticing a pattern of big name companies tapping into local markets to make their products and services relevant, convenient, and personal. So, I’ve teamed up with Whitney Francis from Google Places, Rebecca Gindele from Groupon, and Michael Bepko from Whole Foods Market and we’ve submitted a panel (a SXSW session topic) entitled: The Google Next Door: Big Brands Get Personal with Local Focus. The purpose of the panel is to learn from these global companies about their latest local initiatives, how they research and reach out to local communities, and why we are seeing a big push in the local direction.
Each of us has come in contact with Google, Groupon, or Whole Foods in some form or fashion, which makes this topic even more relevant, especially considering Austin was a launching ground for Google Places and Groupon Now! and the Whole Foods Market headquarters is downtown!
Public voting starts today and we need as many votes as we can get to help get our panel in the lineup of sessions in SXSW 2012! Votes only count for a portion of the factors considered in selecting the final list, but your vote will help us maximize that portion of the selection process!
Here’s how you can help:
- Go to the SXSW Panel Picker site.
- Create an account and follow the instructions on SXSW.org. Then go to this page.
- Search for “The Google Next Door”. When you find it, choose the thumbs up button!
- Comment about why you’re excited for our panel to be in the SXSW 2012 lineup!
- Share with our Twitter handles, you may share this link to our panel too: http://bit.ly/q8tRpa.
- Use the hashtag #googlenextdoor
- Like the Facebook Page: I voted for The Google Next Door SXSW 2012 Panel!
- Spread the word!
If you’re not attending SXSW 2012, I will post a recap of the session if we’re selected so you can feel like you are right there with us!
Ready, Set, Go!