Aren’t the holidays just full of cheer and smiley people and…crazy drivers?! Even though jolly-day tunes are supposed to be an instant pick-me-up, let’s add even a little more fun to the mix, shall we?
Let’s face it, we Austinites aren’t so fond of the cold weather. Okay, I’m making a generalization but we definitely continue to wear flipflops through the winter (I saw a guy in a sweatshirt and flip flops last weekend), and hey, I wore a tank top last weekend when the weather was actually pretty cold.
So, what is the natural solution? Stay IN! Party INside. Cozy up IN sweats. Make excuses for going OUT. Staying IN to avoid cold weather can still be fun. Like when during my senior year of college, my friends and I avoided the “freeze” by gathering at the house I lived in with two roommates and we played Taboo!, snacked, sipped, and had a big ol’ slumber party. Or, like the Jambalaya n’ Jammies party that we threw a year later as an excuse to eat the southern dish some of us had never had. There were some minor cooking complications but hey, PJ parties are fun, no matter how old you are!
Okay, I’ll stop giving you ideas for what is about to be the biggest and baddest prize I’ve ever given out on TheRebeccammendations. I’ve partnered with Eat Out In, a local food delivery service, to award one lucky winner and the guests of their party with a $250 gift certificate to use at the affiliated restaurant(s) of their choice!
Here’s how it works:
- Create your own party idea ‘Rebeccammendation’ you want to throw between now and January 1st (can include New Years) designed for at least 3 guests, but the more the merrier!
- Get creative, go with a theme or pick something unique to celebrate, and think outside the box. I’m looking for the most creative or inspiring party idea! Extra points will be given to entries that base their party idea on the theme of Eat Out In, the service it provides, and its restaurant partners.
- Email your extravagant, wacky, unheard of, or even simple and elegant party plans to Rebeccammendations@gmail.com by Friday, December 16 at 6 p.m. Your submission must only be included in ONE email and include ALL of the following:
- Your First, Last Name, Phone #, City and Zip (+ Twitter handles, blog and website URLs if you have them)
- Subject Line: It’s Party Time with Eat Out In!
- Description of the party. (Photos, videos, and links of inspiration will be accepted too.) The more descriptive, the better. What will you order from Eat Out In? Who will you invite (not names, I meanfriends, coworkers, relatives, singles ready to mingle)? What will you serve in? What will the music and the decor be like?
- Date you will host your party and where. (If at your home or a place of residence, no address needed.)
- Up to five sentences explaining why you want to win the Eat Out In party.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, December 19th via email and social media and you’ll be given instructions on how to redeem your prize.
- Then, order Eat Out In and throw the party! Take pictures and write a brief overview of how it went and send them to Rebeccammendations@gmail.com. We’ll feature your winning party on ze blog!
*Winner must be an Austin resident to win.
Let’s give back to the community while we’re scheming party ideas! When I get 50 ReTweets of a Tweet posted by @Rbcammendations about @EatOutIn, AND 50 Likes on the related message on the TheRebeccammendations Facebook page, A $50 gift certificate from Eat Out In will be donated to the Austin Children’s Shelter. AND, I will match that value so their total donation will be worth $100 so they can order in for the kiddos to make their holidays brighter and tastier! Ready? Set, go!