When I heard the girls were coming over for dinner, I didn’t think long about what beverage to have on hand. But I did make it up on the spot at the grocery store. I picked up a bottle of Reisling, peaches, cherries (both seasonal summer fruits), apples, and oranges and I was ready to go! The cherry juice made it look pink after soaking up all the fruit flavors overnight. It was somewhat sweet and definitely a refreshing summer sipper! Previously, I’ve made White Peach Berry Sangria and red Simple Summer Sangria! Here’s how this version works:
- Bunch of ripe cherries
- 2 ripe peaches
- Two Honeycrisp apples (my favorite, sweet and crunchy!)
- One orange
- One bottle of your favorite white wine
- 1/2 cup of sugar (for simple syrup)
- 1 cup of water (for simple syrup)
- Pour 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar into a small saucepan on the stove until boiling.
- Remove from heat and let stand.
- Dice or slice peaches, apples, and oranges to your liking. Cut cherries in halves or quarters. Watch out for the pits! (Advice: cut around them)
- Add fruit to a pitcher.
- Pour in wine.
- Pour in half to the full cup of simple syrup. (Recommend adding half, then if it needs more, sweeten it up more or use the other half for a second batch).
- Let stand in refrigerator overnight for more flavor.
- When it’s time for your gathering, pour into glasses, and dress the glass with an orange or peach slice.
- Sip and enjoy!