It’s here! It’s kitchen remodel reveal day in the One Room Challenge 6 week design blogging event and we are so excited to finally reveal our new favorite space in our condo! It’s also the day we fly home for our wedding (weeee!) so we are excited to celebrate both during this upcoming epic weekend. How crazy that the two landed on the same exact day. And, what? Our wedding invitation makes a cameo on the fridge – freaking out… just a little. Let’s look back at the ‘before’ picture for comparison – wow!
Below is a photo tour, then we’ll mention our favorite new kitchen elements.
Here’s what we love about our new kitchen in no particular order because we love it all:
- It’s Bright – ‘Melted Brie’ white shaker Ultracraft cabinets create a soft, but bright energy
- Added storage – The second row of top cabinets added much needed storage with ceiling height
- Complementary Colors – The grey island softened up the kitchen and tied together the grey veining in the Quartz countertops, backsplash, and dimension to an otherwise white kitchen, also playing well with the dark wood floor.
- Unique Marble Backsplash – In a world of simple white subway tiles (which we also love), we were surprised to fall in love with smaller sized tiles and the earthy feel of the marble color variance that added some ‘real’ feel to the crisp white cabinets.
- White Ceramic Farm Sink – It’s large and in charge, which holds larger pots and pans for scrubbing and it lays nicely in line with the countertops for a clean, seamless, sleek countertop look.
One piece that is still in the works is lighting because we had some pretty snazzy blue frosted glass lights from our ‘before’ kitchen in place but one of them was broken during the remodel. We have some basic replacement shades in now, but our new West Elm geo pendants (in ‘milk’ color with brass wiring) are on order (and on sale today!) we plan to install them post-honeymoon!
So there you have it – our new and improved kitchen! Thanks for following along as we worked through each step of the process during the Fall One Room Challenge.
Check out the other participants’ posts for design ideas and inspiration and maybe we’ll tackle another room in the Spring! Also, check out Home Love Network, a digital home design video network I just discovered who recently redesigned and are giving away an entire home in Utah! Maybe we’ll get to feature our kitchen on one of their shows! And now…the moment we’ve all been waiting for…we’re off to our wedding!!