*Photo and desserts by Rebecca
Today is TheRebeccammendations’ 5 month birthday! Yep, it was born 5 months ago on the night of St. Patty’s. It took approximately 1 hour from the time the idea emerged to the time it was set up with a name (thanks, John!). This is probably one of the most un-planned things I have ever done. And, no, it didn’t have a clear message when it began. But, it has since taken a shape and form which will continue to adjust to keep up with the times, with the Jones’ (aka other inspiring bloggers out there), and with you (my readers)! So, in honor of its 5 month birthday, I chose 5 favorite posts of my readers and highlighted their entertainment value! Take a look:
1) “It’s Called Orange Roughy, But I Make it With Lemon”. An easy, tasty go-to fish recipe for any time of the year when entertaining yourself, your family, or dinner guests at home in the kitchen.
2) “They’re Baaackk: Oreo Truffles Take 3″. A finger-food dessert alternative to cookies or cakes that are a guaranteed conversation-starter, or stopper (as guests savor the taste) to take to a party, or serve when entertaining guests at home.
3) “Succulent Sensations” . Endulge in water-retaining, eco-friendly, low-maintenance, and creative home botanical decor. Local landscape designers Big Red Sun and LD Designs can custom-make your centerpiece, home accent for entertaining guests (Green Entertaining!), or unique and lasting house-warming gift.
4) “Cave In and Go Camping (Gourmet-Style)”. Weekend entertainment can consist of camping at nearby Inks Lake State Park and you can prepare gourmet-style meals with some careful in-advance planning. While you’re at it, take a fun day trip to Longhorn Caverns to see a natural wonder in Central Texas.
5) “Making Maki: Make Your Own Sushi Night” and “Make Your Own Pizza Night”- Okay, that’s two posts, but they’re both fun and can be a cost-effective and creative way to stay entertained by making and eating your creation with friends or family at home!
My writing here has helped me become a part of the Go Local Austin blog. I write about local businesses that are affiliated with their $10 card that gives cardholders discounts when they support those businesses. The discounts you can receive for supporting local businesses can be found on their website and you can purchase cards at most of the affiliated business locations. *If you are a local business owner and are interested in becoming affiliated with the program, let me know!
Thanks for reading, commenting, suggesting, and being a part of the fun! To be continued…
Do YOU have a favorite post you’ve read here in the past 5 months??