October 20th, 2010 | City: | Published in Events & Activities
According to several unofficial, yet all consistent sources, October 27th was at some point declared American Beer Day. Supposedly, this national brew-glorifying day remains an annual commemoration and although somehow several of us have lived our lives without knowing this exciting fact, it’s time I say “beer late than never”.
So, is it coincidental that the first ever Austin Beer Week begins this coming Sunday, October 24th? I think not. For being the first annual, next week is so jam packed with beer appreciation events, it seems like you’d have to try hard to miss it. The overwhelming calendar of events very closely resembles the calendar (a compilation of 5 Google calendars) of someone I know– if only I could transform it to look like the week long happy hour that is Austin Beer Week. Events that call out to me include:
- Independence Brewing 6th Anniversary Party– Saturday, Oct. 23
- MisoHungry and Austin Women’s Beer League Host Beer & Dessert Pairings (including Austin Cake Ball and Sugar Mama’s Bakeshop!)- Sunday, Oct. 24
- Local Beer & Local Cheese Tasting at Red’s Porch- Sunday, Oct. 24
- Real Ale Full Moon Pale Rye & Cheese Pairing at Draught House- Monday, Oct. 25
- Beer Flavor Analysis – A Blind Tasting at Black Star Co-op- Thursday, Oct. 28
- Beer & Cheese Tasting for Minglers (Unmoderated) at Draught House- Monday Oct. 25
- Craft Cheese Meets Craft Beer: Independence Tasting with Antonelli’s Cheese at Gingerman-Friday, Oct. 29
- Beer & Chocolate: Together at Last at North by Northwest-Oct. 30th
- Independence Beer & Appetizer Pairings- All week at Parkside, enjoy a special beer-and-appetizer menu, featuring exquisite pairings by chef and owner Shawn Cirkiel from 5 pm – close.
If you’re like me and you can BARLEY wait to RYE these BEERY special events, HOP on over to the Austin Beer Week website for more info. Cheers!